Frequently Asked Questions

Where is Ukraine Located?

Ukraine is the largest country in European continent and situated in the south-eastern part of Europe.

What is the Capital of Ukraine and total population?

Kiev is the Capital of Ukraine, which has an overall population of 44 millions (UN, 2014 data).

What is the major religion followed by the people in Ukraine?


What are the Universities you are representing in Ukraine?

Please visit our website for details about universities and courses we offer.

Can I get Scholarship, free of cost Admission or free of cost Study in the Universities of Ukraine?

There are “NO SCHOLARSHIPS”, “NO FREE ADMISSION” and “NO FREE STUDY IN UKRAINE” available for foreign students. You must be careful and verify if someone offers you such options.

Are these Universities recognized or affiliated by any board of education or any other Educational Council?

Yes, they are recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education of Ukraine and degrees are accepted all over the world.

What is the duration of the study programs in Ukraine?

The duration of courses varies between 1 – 6 years depending upon the courses of study.

What is the currency used in Ukraine?

The currency used in Ukraine is Hryvnia and the coins are known as Kopiyka. US Dollars are also acceptable. US$ 1 = 25 Hryvnia approximately (Please check current FOREX rates for latest update)

What is the language used in Ukraine?

The major languages in Ukraine are Ukrainian, Russian and English.

What is the medium of instruction in Ukraine?

The medium of instructions is Ukrainian, Russian and English.

Do we need to qualify any English test like IELTS or TOEFL for seeking admission into Ukrainian University?

No, it is not mandatory, but there are educational support programs available for those who need extra help in areas such as ESL or who have learning disorders.

Can we apply for the Work Permit after completion of the program?

Yes, you can apply for the Work Permit. Many of the Ukrainian universities provide job placement in Ukraine and other western countries.

Does the student have to come back to his/her home country to apply?

No, it is not necessary.

Can we apply for Permanent Residence and citizenship of Ukraine?

Yes, you can apply but after 2 years of regular stay in Ukraine as per Ukrainian Law.

Are Ukrainian degrees recognized globally?

Yes, they are valued and recognized globally.

How I can arrange accommodation and what are the charges?

The University hostels are available for accommodation. Students who want live in privacy can rent their own home or flats.

Can we pay the tuition fee in installments?

Yes, in most of the universities students can pay fee in two installments for each academic year. For further inquiry please ask.

Do we need to pay the books and exam fee separately or is it included in the fee?

No don’t need to pay for books or exams, but some additional books students buy own their own.

Any other facility like pick up, bank account opening, etc. is provided by the college?

No there is not such facility available but H&H Group provides these additional services for our students.

Can we travel to any other countries while studying in Ukraine?

Yes, you can travel to other countries like UK, Germany, Sweden, Italy, France, Poland, etc. during summer and winter vacations with university and H&H Group’s acknowledgment.

In which languages do the teachers teach?

Students have right to choose their desired language of instructions like Ukrainian, Russian or English.

What services H&H Group-Ukraine offers for the foreign students?

H&H Group-Ukraine gives international students all of the necessary information and support for the following;

  • Information about the different higher educational establishments of Ukraine
  • Processing of the students documents with the chosen University for the chosen specialty
  • Processing of the admission letter and the visa support letter from the University.
  • Assistance in issuance of the Immigration, health and life insurance.
  • Meeting the students on their arrival at the International airport and accompanying them to the University and the hostel.
  • Assistance in their hostel accommodation or private like home or flats.
  • Assistance with the registration, and documentation at the University.
  • Consultation and help in all regards during their education within the University, teachers and fellow students.
  • Transferring the students from one University to the other and all related documentation.
  • Communication with parents with regards to the academic and other behavior of the children during the educational period.
  • All assistance and guardianship during the complete educational period.
  • What is the visa invitation for education?

The invitation for education is the official document which is processed by the department of passport-visa service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine. It confirms that the student is admitted to a particular University. It specifies your passport details and the full name of the University.

How much luggage is allowed to be brought?

It may differ from airline to airline. An average airline allows 20-25 kg of luggage. Please check your booked airline for exact figures.

What will be my average monthly expenses?

You’ll need about 500 USD for the first three months of staying in Ukraine. This is due to the reason that the student would need to pay the registration charges, purchase items of necessity etc. Subsequently, the average monthly expenses for food are about US$ 50-US$ 150 depends on student’s life style.

How do my parents can send me money for my expenses?

Parents can send the money to the student’s bank account in Ukraine or through online money transfer services like Western Union and Money Gram etc.

Whether Immigration, life and health insurance are necessary?

Yes, these Insurance policies are mandatory to deal with unexpected/critical situations which may happen with students while staying in Ukraine.

What is the preparatory faculty and what is it for?

The preparatory faculty is a special educational program (Ukrainian/Russian) with duration of 1 academic year (6-10 months) starting from September every year.

Is it difficult to study at the preparatory faculty?

Not at all, these courses are design for average caliber of the students so that they should be able to meet the study criteria.

Will my parents be informed on my academic progress?

H&H Group-Ukraine keeps the parents of the students in loop/contact to inform about the study progress through regional representatives.

How can I get the information on the University where I’ll continue my education after the completion of the preparatory faculty?

Every Ukrainian university has website so you can visit university website and read the required information. For more information you can visit our website ( and / or send an inquiry through our contact details.

When is the beginning of vacations in the Universities in Ukraine?

Summer vacations last 2 months, from 1st July till 31st August every year. As for the degree course (4-5 years), winter vacations last 2 weeks from the last week of January till the first week of February every year. Summer vacations are the same as at the preparatory faculty from 1st July till 31st August every year.

Get A Prescription From An Online Doctor